Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Terms and Conditions of Hire
1. Personal Details and Data Protection
• Your full name, address and contact details must be given and an account set up on Myturn before hiring.
• All data provided by you will be used for the sole purpose of providing the sling hire service and follow up care.
• Your name, address, email address and phone number will be stored on My Turn software and will not be shared with any third parties. If you wish your data to be removed at any point after the hire contact Carry Me Round.
• In lieu of a deposit, your debit/credit card details will be held via our payment gateway Stripe. Your card details are not passed directly to us and we do not have access to them at any time. However, we can charge your card for any unpaid late fees, missing or damaged carriers.
2. Hire Cost and Duration
• Up to 2 carriers may be borrowed at a time, but this is dependent on type of carrier, availability and is at our discretion.
• The standard hire period is 4 weeks. You may borrow the carrier for longer at our discretion. If you keep the carrier beyond the agreed loan period, without prior agreement, late fees may be applied.
• The hire period will start 3 days after the carrier has been posted, to allow it time to arrive.
• Hire fees are not refundable.
3. Payment Methods
• Hire costs are payable by card, Paypal or bank transfer.
• Payment must be made prior to the carrier being posted to you.
4. Returning Carriers
• The carrier should be posted back to:
Carry Me Round
12 Wyndhead Steading
within 2 days of the loan period ending.
• The carrier remains your responsibility until it has been received by us. You must not leave the carrier anywhere or with anyone else unless this has been prearranged.
• You must ensure the carrier is adequately package, choose an appropriate level of insurance when posting and obtain proof of postage.
• Extending the hire may be possible provided the carrier has not been reserved by another customer. Contact us to arrange an extension before the end of the loan period.
5. Late Returns
• Hire Fees Late Charges
£0.50 per day for the first 7 days
£0.70 per day after this.
• Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by us before the end of the loan period.
6. Condition of the Carrier
• All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan, please let us know if you have any concerns or notice any issues.
• It is your responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
7. Safe Use of Carriers
• You will be shown how to use the carrier safely when hiring. Links to information videos and instructions will be emailed to you upon hiring. If you do not receive the email or have questions contact us.
• Carriers must only be used as you have been shown.
• All carriers are extremely safe when used properly, however misuse can cause injury to yourself or child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the carrier correctly and that your baby is safe at all times. Carry Me Round cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
• We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given, you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
• Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
• If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the position or remove the carrier.
• If you are unsure about anything in the instructions, are not sure what you’re doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
• Wearing your child is ultimately your responsibility, when you take away a carrier you are doing so having checked the carrier, and omitting any liability of Carry Me Round during, whilst and after you are carrying your child.
8. Care of Carriers
• Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles. If the carrier smells of smoke upon its return you may be charged for it to be replaced.
• All carriers are cleaned between hires. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on loan to you, please contact us first for advice.
• We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
• Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). Apply suncream at least 15 minutes before putting your child in the carrier. You may be invoiced for the cost of damage, beyond normal wear and tear.
9. Lost or damaged carriers
• All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of Carry Me Round at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
• The carrier on hire should remain in your possession during the loan period and not be lent to others.
• The borrower will have their debit/credit card charged for any lost carriers or accessories. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?